How do robotic lawnmowers compare with the ride-on mowers? Do robotic lawnmowers make the cut? In this article, we will compare robotic mowers vs ride-on mowers delving into the features, benefits, and drawbacks of each option to help you decide which one is best suited for your lawn care needs.
High-capacity robotic mowers for large lawns
Maintaining a lush green lawn is a task that many homeowners and professionals take pride in. However, the process of mowing can be time-consuming and physically demanding, especially for large area green spaces. Thankfully, advancements in technology have produced the Belrobotics large-scale autonomous mowers. However, before we look at the differences, let’s highlight what we mean by high-capacity robotic mowers.
Belrobotics high-capacity robotic mowers are a breed apart from the robotic mowers readily available for large gardens and green spaces. Based on just coverage alone the Belrobotics BigMow robot mower can mow up to 75,000 sqm (18 Acres). With that said here’s a short-view of the pros and cons of ride-on mowers versus auto-mowers.
Belrobotics Robot Mowers – Pros/Cons
These autonomous machines are designed to effortlessly handle the task of lawn maintenance, operating independently without human intervention.
- Saves time
- Low maintenance
- Low operating costs
- Wire-free mowing available with GPS RTK and WiseNav
- Can mow in a stripe pattern thanks to GPS RTK
- Self Charging
- Cost savings of up to 50% when compared with traditional mowing
- A single robot can mow 18 acres multiple times per week
- Works very quietly, so not restricted by the time of day
- Mows independently, you don’t need to be present
- Improved lawn health and aesthetics
- Mulching system
- Can mow even when it’s raining
- Emits no direct emissions when operating.
- Storage space required is significantly smaller than ride-on mowers
- Can cope handle slopes up to 45 degrees.
- Not suitable for wild lawns
- Will not mow very long grass
Ride-on Mowers – Pros/Cons
For those with larger lawns ride-on mowers have long been the popular choice. These powerful machines offer a hands-on approach to lawn care.
- It requires a human to operate it
- Higher operating costs
- Higher energy consumption
- Higher maintenance effort
- Noisey, you are limited on the time of day you can use them
- Emits harmful CO2 emissions.
- Time spent mowing
- Heavy equipment is likely to cause soil compaction.
- Longer cuts to the blades of grass, meaning more stress on the grass when mowing
- Requires a relatively large space for storage.
- Not suitable for gradients over 10%
- Not suitable for green spaces with obstacles and narrow passages due to larger turning circles.
- Can mow higher grass
- Suitable for wilder lawns
- Can collect the larger grass clippings or mulch
- Can process larger areas in a shorter time
Belrobotic mowers – the smart choice for large lawns over 5000 sqm
Quiet, Lightweight, & Eco-Friendly
Traditional ride-on mowers can weigh in excess of 300kg plus and can damage the health of your grass areas in the long term. They can be very loud and require fossil fuels to operate which is bad for the environment. Frequent use of Belrobotics robotic mowers does not create soil compaction, due to their lightweight design. They are also significantly quieter, emit 10 times less CO2 and utilise three times less energy.
Self-Charging, Minimal Maintenance
Traditional ride-on mowers utilise heavily polluting fossil fuels, use three times more energy than robot mowers, require labour to move/store equipment and need costly maintenance. Belrobotics robots automatically return to the charging station when required. They only require a few minutes of cleaning a week and allow you to redeploy staff to other areas.
Traditional ride-on mowers require a human operator, they also need the large clippings produced to be collected, stored and disposed of manually. The autonomous robot mows without any need for supervision. Works with your schedule and leaves no green waste to collect or remove.
Decide what’s important to you
So, there you have it – if you’re a busy homeowner and value your leisure time without sacrificing a good-looking and healthy lawn. Or perhaps you are a lawn care professional looking to save money and streamline your resources. Then Belrobotics high-capacity mowers can provide a cost-effective alternative to a ride-on mower. Our range of robot mowers offers convenience, precision, and eco-friendliness, making them ideal for smaller, well-defined lawns. On the other hand, ride-on mowers excel in cutting long grass and wild lawns.
Whichever option you choose, hopefully, the above robotic mowers vs ride-on mowers comparison gives you a better understanding of the benefits of robotic mowing. Why not get in touch to arrange a FREE no obligation site appraisal?